لعلك سمعت عن تأمين الزلازل على عقارات تركيا ، when you think about buying a property, regardless of the property, there are a set of steps, It is necessary to adhere to it, and to ensure its existence,in order to complete the process of purchasing the property legally, without any problems.
These matters, , which are among the pillars, in owning real estate in Turkey, or establishing them,are to obtain an insurance against earthquakes on the property that you intend to invest in.
Also Read: أفضل مجالات الاستثمار للأجانب في تركيا 2020
Earthquake insurance in Turkey
This insurance is necessary, and it includes all real estate in Turkey, of all kinds; Whether it is residential or commercial real estate for investment.
This insurance mainly covers all expenses related to repairing damages caused by earthquakes, or natural disasters in these properties.
This decision was issued, requiring earthquake insurance on Turkey’s real estate, after the well-known Marmara earthquake which occurred in 1999.
The “Natural Disaster Insurance” DASK is the company responsible for issuing earthquake insurance on Turkish real estate, which falls under the supervision of the Turkish Ministry of Finance.
Earthquake insurance is issued on the property at the beginning of the construction of the property, and it is for one time with the aim of obtaining certain services, which the owner cannot obtain unless he pays the value of the earthquake insurance in Turkey.
Associated with this insurance is a set of services such as: water services, electricity, gas, internet and telephone services.
A document from DASK is necessary to obtain any of these services. The earthquake insurance policy on real estate in Turkey is paid by the person who owns the property, and the tenant does not bear the value of paying this insurance, but it is important for you,as a tenant, to see the insurance before signing the lease contract.
Real estate insurance is paid by the owner of the property annually, according to a specific date estimated by DASK.
Payment is made through banks, insurance companies, or the post office.
Real estate covered by earthquake insurance in Turkey
- Prepared properties for housing, which include apartments,buildings, and villas in Turkey, and it is necessary that these properties have been registered in the Land Registry Department in Turkey.
- Commercial real estate that has been registered in the Land Registry Department, such as offices.
- Additional accessories for all floors that are subject to property law, For example, utility facilities, garages, and roofs.
- Government buildings, , in addition to public services buildings, which are granted to residents during the period of earthquakes and disasters, by the Turkish government.
- Buildings that meet all construction requirements. and construction.
- Buildings that have obtained a document called the real estate easement document, which is under construction but fulfills all the conditions for construction, including land registry, and construction.
The importance of extracting earthquake insurance on Turkey’s real estate
t is necessary for the owner to apply for earthquake insurance on Turkey’s real estate, for a number of reasons, namely:
- Reducing the possibility of any damage to the property due to the occurrence of disasters or earthquakes, after making sure that the property is resistant to earthquakes, while making sure of all safety issues related to the property.
- Helping to repair any damage caused by an earthquake, earthquake, or environmental disaster.
- Reducing the costs of repairing the damaged real estate and buildings for the owner of the property in Turkey, if such disasters occur.
- Reducing expenditures on the state;with regard to re-establishing its public institutions, and all public facilities, in the event that damages are caused by natural disasters.
Things covered by earthquake insurance in Turkey
Earthquake insurance on Turkey’s real estate includes coverage for a range of aspects, namely:
- Covering expenses for building basics and rules.
- Damage expenses for escalators and elevators.
- Skylights, hallways in the building, and entrances.
- Damage to walls, ceilings, and floors.
- In addition to other surfaces and facilities
As for other resulting losses, such as any psychological, physical, or human losses, as well as the expenses of moving to another place, and the value of the damaged furniture, all these losses are not covered by earthquake insurance in Turkey.
The value of earthquake insurance on real estate in Turkey
The value of earthquake insurance on Turkey’s real estate depends on the type, construction,structure and location of that property.
But in any case,it does not exceed an annual maximum of $ 40 per apartment, and this value is considered relatively low.
There are several other considerations that are considered, such as the height of the building and the affected floor number,in determining the amount of earthquake insurance on real estate.
And these days, most of the buildings, if not all, are designed to be earthquake-resistant, by resorting to the use of high-quality building materials, and this matter is what makes the idea of owning a property in Turkey one of the successful investment ideas, and which deserve some thought from you.