The stage of the naturalization of Syrians is one of the important stages that concerns Syrians in particular. This is because obtaining Turkish citizenship is considered as permanent residence for them in Turkey, The Turkish government has taken a decision to grant Syrian refugees to its country Turkish citizenship to alleviate their suffering after the devastating war they were subjected to in their country for many years after the Syrian revolution in 2011.
which everyone followed the events of moment by moment, Turkey was the most refugee country for Syrians because its borders are close to the borders of Syria and are considered adjacent to it. There are many laws that have been established for foreigners and Arabs in general in order to obtain Turkish citizenship, This also applies to Syrians who came to Turkey to work there.
Conditions for the naturalization of Syrians inside Turkey
The Turkish government has set several conditions for the naturalization of Syrians within its territory, which means that they obtain Turkish citizenship, These laws apply to all foreigners and Arabs as well, without exception, and are not specific to Syrians, even after the special human privileges they obtained due to their exceptional circumstance. But the same laws apply to everyone. Among these laws are the following:
- Purchasing a complete residential property or apartment in any region of Turkey, provided that the value of this residential property or apartment is 250,000 US dollars or more, After the price of the property to be purchased was not less than 1,000,000 US dollars.
- Making a deposit of a sum of $0.5 million, or $500,000, and leaving this deposit active within the bank and not withdrawing it for 3 years or more, After the expiry of this period, the person with the deposit can easily obtain Turkish citizenship in his name.
- Residing and staying continuously inside the Turkish territory for a full 8 years and not leaving it for long periods, It is possible to leave for a period not exceeding 6 months and then return again, It is counted as part of the 8-year period required to obtain Turkish citizenship. The study period for students coming to Turkey is also counted among the 8 years, and they must complete the remaining 4 years inside Turkey.
- Marrying a Syrian young man to a Turkish citizen, Or vice versa, the marriage of a Syrian woman to a Turkish citizen.
- Syrian youths lived under the age of eighteen, who are called adopted minors, with Turkish families, which grants them Turkish citizenship immediately as soon as the Turkish families that adopt them sign the adoption decision and ratify it by the official authorities.
- Proving the Syrians with documents and conclusive evidence that they have Turkish origins, whether in terms of the father, grandfather, grandmother or others from their family, makes them obtain Turkish citizenship directly without restrictions.
- That the Syrian employer or company that he opened in Turkey employs 50 Turkish people, He becomes eligible for Turkish citizenship.
- Granting Turkish citizenship without conditions to some Syrians from a humanitarian point of view every month, This is in accordance with the difficult humanitarian conditions they faced in their countries after proving this matter with the state and convincing mental proofs.
Some rights granted to Syrians who hold Turkish citizenship
Syrians get many rights once they obtain Turkish citizenship, Including the rights enjoyed by Turkish citizens within the borders of Turkey, Among these rights are: The right to free education like the Turks, The right to free health insurance and free treatment in Turkish hospitals as well, The right to vote and vote for the candidate he wants, The right to express an opinion, even if
was a criticism of the performance of the work of the government or the president, As well as the right to invest and buy real estate of all kinds, As well as the right to travel within and outside the borders of Turkey, Turkish citizenship also allows Syrians to enter most European countries without the need to create a visa to enter.
Stages of Syrian naturalization
The granting of citizenship or the naturalization of Syrians goes through several stages, after which the Syrians obtain citizenship, and this is in accordance with the laws and regulations that Turkey sets on Syrian expatriates who want to obtain Turkish citizenship through several stages:
- Registration and approval of the application with the Turkish government.
- Send the special file to the directorate concerned with this matter in order to start the implementation procedures.
- The sent private file is initially checked for full approval.
- After that, the stage of extensive and comprehensive scrutiny and archiving begins, and the file is transferred to the competent authorities for evaluation. It is considered the longest stage in the naturalization process and takes several months to move to the next stage.
- Enter the file sent to the naturalization stage for approval by the Council of Ministers.
- At this stage, the decision to naturalize is made.
- The last stage is the issuance of the decision to the party to which the file was submitted, or to whom it was submitted. Thus, naturalization and enjoyment of Turkish citizenship is obtained.