A foreign citizen may apply for Turkish citizenship while he or she is in the territory of Turkey, if they possess a set of citizenship qualifications.
Qualifications for Turkish citizenship
If it meets all of the following conditions:
- The applicant must be of the age of majority or can apply through the legal seniors.
- To be a resident within the territory of the state of Turkey, for a period of up to five years without any interruption.
- The applicant must have proof documents for the purpose of residency in Turkey; You can check the purposes below:
Owns real estate in Turkey Establishing a business in Turkey Invest in Turkey Moving to Turkey for commercial activities or business Work in Turkey with a work permit Marry a Turkish citizen Being a close relative to someone who previously obtained a Turkish passport Completed studies in Turkey 4. Respect for national security and public order. 5. Be a responsible and reliable person. 6. Be able to speak at a sufficient level of Turkish. 7. Has an income or profession to support himself / herself and their dependents in Turkey.The files will be examined and you will be interviewed. If the committee approves your request, send the file to the Ministry of Interior. The decision to acquire a passport is issued by the ministry. If the decision is negative, the file is sent to the governor.
Also Read: مميزات شراء عقار في تركيا
Documents required for Turkish citizenship application
Citizenship requirements in Turkey to apply:
- The original passport, and all other documents that prove the applicant’s nationality. Or if the applicant is stateless, the documents that prove the applicant’s statelessness are.
- Birth certificate.
- Residence permit.
- Documents confirming your first arrival in Turkey, the number of times exiting Turkey and all the times you live in Turkey. (Stamp in the passport, original residence permit and photocopy).
- In the case of marriage, official documents confirming the identity and family ties of the husband and all minor children. (Marriage contract, birth certificate for children).
- If you have any Turkish relatives – a copy of the Turkish identity card and the address in Turkey.
- Proof of income.
- Certificate of the applicant’s ability to speak the Turkish language (a certificate will be issued by the Turkish Consular Department upon a successful interview with the applicant).
- 4 photos taken last month
Frequently asked questions about Turkish citizenship qualifications
Question: How do you apply for a passport in Turkey?